Terms & Conditions
The G Values Fund will begin accepting applications on September 25th, 2015.
By submitting your application to the fund, you acknowledge that:
- you have read, understand and agree to these Terms & Conditions;
- these Terms & Conditions govern your participation in the fund; and
- Your entry complies with all of the requirements set out herein.
Those projects which are chosen by the fund will be chosen upon the merit of their application and business plan. Chance plays no part in the determination of the projects chosen.
- The Fund is open to all current and former G Adventures Field Chief Experience Officers who have reached the age of majority in the country in which they reside. The CEO must have worked at least 300 days and successfully completed one contract.
- G Adventures Field Chief Experience Officers who are engaged by a supplier of G Adventures or its subsidiaries or affiliates (each a “Supplier CEO”) may apply to the fund provided that any Supplier CEO must have the consent of the applicable supplier to participate in the program.
- If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for this program, please contact the G Values Fund (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to Enter
Please read the following rules carefully as it is your responsibility to ensure that your entry complies with the rules and regulations set out below.
- Entries must be in digital format.
- Entries must be uploaded online at http://www.gvaluesfund.com and must follow the on-screen instructions to complete the on-line application, (hereafter the “Application“) by filling all required fields as set out below. Once you have fully completed the Application with all required information, click on “Submit” to complete your entry form.
- Your Application must be submitted and received within the program timelines. Once an Application has been submitted, the entry cannot be modified or edited.
- The G Values Fund shall have absolute discretion in determining which submissions are eligible for inclusion in the program.
- Any photographs submitted as part of an Application must adhere to the following (as determined in G Values Fund’s sole discretion):
- Entrants whose photographs depict other people (including, but not limited to, minors) or works of any kind belonging to third parties (such as sculptures, statues, paintings and other copyrightable works) may be need to obtain a release from the rights holder and provide it to G Values Fund upon request. When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person’s creation.
- Photographs that violate or infringe upon a third party’s rights, including but not limited to copyright or registered trademarks, are not eligible. Your photos should not contain a third party’s logo, company name, trademark or other copyrighted material.
- Photographs that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by G Values Fund in its sole discretion, are ineligible for this program.
- Photographs must not be taken in any manner that is illegal or unsafe. G Values Fund is not responsible for any damages, claims, injuries, or similar which result from the taking of an entry photograph.
Review of Applications
A panel of reviewers will select the successful applicants from among all eligible entries. G Values fund shall select the reviewers in its absolute discretion. The reviewers’ decision shall be final and binding in all matters.
Data and Privacy
- Entrants will be required to submit personal information on the Application form, such as entrant’s name, email address and proposed project ideas.
- Information collected from entrants may be used, processed, shared and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the program and any other purpose outlined in these Terms & Conditions.
Copyright, Licensing & Consent
- By entering the program and submitting your application, you hereby grant G Values Fund an exclusive license to use your proposal and other entry materials for any purpose. You hereby grant to G Values Fund, its subsidiaries, affiliates, associates, and assigns a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to print, publish, use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of your submitted application or concept or any portion thereof, whether or not combined with other images, text and graphics, and cropped, altered or modified, on the G Adventures’ website, in its’ brochures or advertising materials, and any other media or platform of communication with or without the entrants’ name, for editorial, advertising, publicity, marketing and promotional purposes, and to display your full name and photograph in any media formats and through any media channels, with no further compensation payable to you or anyone else, and without the need to secure any further consent. You further acknowledge and agree that you waive any and all claims or causes of action whatsoever that may arise as a result of the grant of such license and that any similarity between your submitted application, in whole or in part, to a product offered or created by G Adventures at any time shall not give rise to a cause of action and you irrevocably waive your right to pursue any remedies available in law or equity related to your submission as a condition of entering this program.
- By entering your application in the program, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the lawful owner of the rights associated with the photographs (unless otherwise acknowledged on your Application);
- You are the lawful owner of any other materials submitted;
- You are legally entitled to provide the required authorizations to grant the license described herein.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless G Values Fund for all liabilities, including legal costs, in relation to any action or complaint taken by any third party in relation to your entry materials.
- G Values Fund reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions in its sole discretion without notice or the consent of the entrants.
- The governing law for these Terms & Conditions and the program shall be the laws of the province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Entrants agree that any action related to the program or these Terms & Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Ontario and federal courts of Canada, as applicable.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the successful applicants, G Values Fund reserves the right to determine whether or not to fund any projects in its sole discretion.
- G Values Fund is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information by entrants; lost entries or transmissions, interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions or the computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof; or problems associated with any virus or any other damage caused to entrants’ systems. G Values Fund is not responsible for any technical problems related to online entries. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by G Values Fund. All entries become the property of G Values Fund and will not be acknowledged or returned. G Values Fund is not liable for lost, stolen, misdirected or late entries.
- G Values Fund reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the program for any reason, including in the event that it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired or if the program cannot be conducted as planned by causes beyond the control of G Values Fund. In the event of early termination, the winners will be selected by from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
- G Values Fund reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found tampering with the application process or with the operation of the program or who violates these Terms & Conditions. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the program may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification of such entrant. Should such an attempt be made, G Values Fund reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including legal fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The entrant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and release G Values Fund, its affiliates, and its/their directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of the entrant’s participation in the program, including but not limited to in relation of any of the entry materials submitted, or related to the receipt or use of any prize.
- No waiver of, failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any of these Terms & Conditions or any right granted thereunder constitutes a waiver of any other provision, whether or not similar, nor does any waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided.
- Each provision of these Terms & Conditions is distinct and severable. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions, in whole or in part, is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of that provision will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms & Conditions, or the legality, validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.